LEE WORK AT HOME
ONLINE TUTOR JOBS ALWAYS HIRING
Updated: Feb 14, 2022
COMPANIES HIRE FREQUENTLY DURING THE YEAR. This is a great way for retirees to earn extra income too!
Online tutoring can be one of the best jobs for working from home.
There are many options to choose from.
You can teach subjects or go with ESL tutoring.
The pay is good for both options. The basic requirements are experience in teaching, home school teachers, and/or required certifications. You will need a basic work-from-home setup.
This is a great choice for people who have experience in the teaching profession.
You can choose to work with companies like Education First, VIPKid, Chegg, Preply, Rosetta Stone, etc.
1. Education First.
This US-based online teaching company has been successfully recruiting English teachers. As long as you have experience in teaching, a TEFL certification, and a bachelor’s degree, you can apply to teach with this company. It hires teachers from the US and the UK, and the pay is up to $20 per hour. It offers extra pay when you teach during peak hours and bonus rewards for teaching more classes.
2. VIPKID. With VIPKID work when you want, where you want - with no commitment or minimum hours.
If you have a native English accent and some experience teaching children (even homeschooling counts), then you can apply to be an online tutor with this company. You mainly teach conversational English to kids around 4-12 years. You need to have a four-year degree in any subject to apply, and you can earn $14-$22 per hour.
3. Chegg. With Chegg they have Flexible tutoring opportunities.
This tutoring company will send students to you, help build your reputation, tutor from anywhere and get paid every week! You are able to select your best subjects and they will direct students who need help in those subjects to you. Top tutors can earn $1,000+/month. Starting at $20 an hour.
4. tutor.com. They are ALWAYS HIRING FOR TUTORS.
If you are interested in teaching, then try Tutor.com. They accept independent contractors for tutoring positions most of the time. Once you are done with the online application, you have to take tests in your preferred subjects. And after the assessments and a background check, you can start your tutoring sessions. Presently, tutor.com only accepts applications from the US and Canada.
They pay a set hourly rate dictated by the subjects you tutor. The pay rate is from $12 - $15 an hour. There are incentives available. for high-quality tutoring. Payment comes on a set schedule directly from Tutor.com.
5. Skooli. They connects students with only the best online tutors. According to their website, they pay their tutors more than other online tutoring platforms. With Skooli you can set your own schedule. Tutors earn a competitive hourly rate which is based on your qualifications and experience. Skooli tutors are eligible for payout once a session has been completed.
Tutors are paid $25 USD per hour. As a courtesy to their tutors, they are required a minimum session length of 15 minutes (i.e. if you connect with a student and answer their question in 8 minutes, you’ll still be paid for 15 minutes).
6. Rosetta Stone. They pay between $16 - $17 per hour. Rosetta Stone Studio is searching for native speakers of English to facilitate a series of energetic online language classes and provide feedback for beginner to advanced students. You will manage the online classroom environment to help learners produce speech and provide opportunities to socialize in their developing language. This is a work from home, part-time position. They are looking for candidates who can work in the evenings and late nights (6pm-midnight EDT) as well as weekends.
7. Preply. earn up to: $550 per week. Preply has over 100 subjects, including languages, school and university subjects, hobbies and art. They show your tutor profile in their search results. Your profile position is determined by your availability, reviews from Preply students, the quality of your tutor profile and your response time to messages from students. To book a lesson with you, a student selects a convenient date and time from the list of available time slots on your profile. Your payment is through one of the payment methods available on Preply. You can teach from anywhere in the world. To teach online, all you need is a stable internet connection, a microphone and a webcam. Lessons on Preply are conducted through their own video platform. You can set your availability to match your lifestyle, from a few hours a week to full-time availability.